As one of the largest music streaming services, Amazon Music has provided more than 75 million songs for its users. It includes Amazon Music Prime, Amazon Music Unlimited, and Amazon Music HD. However, when you listen to music or look through the library on it, Amazon Music will automatically save the data and contents in the temporary storage. Thus, the cache will be accumulated gradually and hamper the smooth function of the Amazon Music app. Luckily, you don’t have to be worried about that anymore! Here in this article, we have prepared corresponding solutions based on different devices to help you clear cache on Amazon Music and gain a better listening experience.
- Part 1 How to Clear Cache on Android/iOS Device
- Part 2 How to Clear Cache on Windows and Mac Computer
- Part 3 Best Way Save Amazon Music for Listening Forever
- Part 4 More Tips: Clear Song History on Amazon Music
Part 1 Clear Cache on Amazon Music (Android/iOS)
1.1 For Android Device Users
- Open the Amazon Music app on your mobile phone and log into your account.
- Tap the three-dot menu at the upper right corner and select Settings.
- Scroll down to find the Storage and tap Clear Cache.
1.2 For iOS Device Users
Although you can’t directly delete the caches on the Amazon Music app on iOS devices, you can try clearing the cached albums& lyrics to free up the space.
- Directly open music.amazon.com/showDebugOptions from a web browser on your iOS device.
- Select Clear Lyrics to delete the saved lyric files.
- Choose Clear Image to delete the saved playlists/albums.
Part 2 Clear Cache on Amazon Music (Windows and Mac)
There are three different ways to clear cache on Windows&Mac.
2.1 Sign in and Sign out
Sign in and sign out in the Amazon Music, which will make the library refresh the data automatically.
2.2 Directly delete the data folder
- For Mac users, to get Amazon Music clear cache, the default cache path is “UserName/Library/Application Support/Amazon Music/Data”.
- For Windows users, the default cache path is “C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Amazon Music\Data”.
Remember to replace the username with your current Amazon profile.
2.3 Reload Amazon Music app.
Open your Amazon Music app. Then select the Profile > Preferences > Advanced > Reload My Music > Start Reload.
Part 3 How to Save Amazon Music for Listening Forever
Although clearing cache on Amazon Music can enlarge space, it will also delete all your well-download favorite songs in the meantime. Thus, you can’t listen to Amazon Music offline anymore. And if you download them again, it will cause a lot of caches. In order to get rid of cache once for all, you need a third-party tool to help you download and save Amazon music on your device forever.
Luckily, TunesMake Amazon Music Converter is designed to help you solve this problem. It can convert encrypted songs from Amazon Music to common formats like MP3, FLAC, WAV at a faster speed and save them on the local drive. What’s more, it will retain the ID3 tags and 100% original audio quality for you. With the help of TunesMake, you are able to download as much Amazon music as you like without worrying about the cache issue.
Key Features of TunesMake Amazon Music Converter
- Support output formats of Amazon Music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4B, AAC, M4A
- Customize the output parameters of Amazon Music like sample rate and bitrate
- Convert Amazon Music at a high speed of 5× and work well for batch conversion
- Download music tracks from Amazon Prime Music, Music Unlimited, HD Music
Before we start conversion, please install TunesMake Amazon Music Converter from the above link.
Step 1. Add Amazon Music to TunesMake
Launch the Amazon Music app and log into your account. Browse to find the playlists or songs that you want to download and convert. Then, you click the target item and copy the link. After that, just paste the link into the upper search box and your selected music will be loaded into the conversion list.
Step 2. Set Out Output Format and Parameters
Click the three-dot icon in the upper right corner to select the Preferences > Convert. The setting window will pop up automatically, from which you can customize the output format (MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4A, and M4B) and other audio parameters like bit rate, sample rate, channel. Click the Ok button to save the changes.
Step 3. Download and Convert Amazon Music
At last, tap on the Convert button and you will see the conversion speed and process. The converted playlists will be saved in the “Converted” folder on your computer. You can click the Converted button with a red number to find the converted Amazon Music list.
Part 4 More Tips: How to Clear Song History on Amazon Music
- Launch the Amazon Music app.
- On the left side of the main interface, tap the “Played” under the “Recent” section.
- In the pop-up window, choose the song that you want to clear, tap on the three-dot menu and select Remove song from history.
After reading the tutorial above, I believe you have learned how to clear the cache on Amazon Music. But since clearing cache is a kind of repetitive labor, I highly recommend you to save music files to the local with TunesMake Amazon Music Converter. Just download it for a try and you’ll find it useful!